Note for English Readers

If I write the articles in Indonesian, I will write a summary in English so that you can read my articles too. After you read the summary and you feel that you need more information about that, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail that can be found in my profile.

Thank you for reading my blogs.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

TeXstudio-2.2 on Slackware64

Today, I have upgraded TeXstudio (formerly TexMakerX) from 2.1 to 2.2 release version (released on 2011-07-20). I need this LaTeX Editor for writing my dissertation report. For the new features, release notes, screenshots, etc., please refer to its website. I downloaded the source code from this link. It needs Qt (at least 4.3), libpoppler, and TeX packages (don't worry, they can be found in l (or deps for Qt if you are using Eric's KDE compilation packages) and t directory for Slackware/64) for compilation.

The compilation process is very easy:
  • extract the source files from tarball
  • enter to texstudio source directory
  • # qmake texstudio.pro
  • # vim Makefile.Release  (or, use your favorite text editor to edit Makefile.Release)
  • make sure /usr/lib64 is written on LIBS (see Figure 1)
  • # make
  • # make install

Figure 1: Makefile.Release

It should be no problem in compilation. Enjoy your TeXstudio!

Screenshot:
Figure 2: TeXstudio-2.2 is running on Slackware64

No comments: