How to patch?
I used the following steps to install AMD Catalyst-12.10 for kernel 3.7.1 (of course, you just change the kernel directory on these steps if your kernel version is not 3.7.1) and patch the fglrx module:
- change directory to the path where the installer is
- run the installer as root (superuser):
- follow the instructions, at the end of installation process you will get notice that there are some errors.
- exit the installer
- at console, copy the patch file (fglrx-3.7.patch) to /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/
- (optional, if you don't find version.h in /lib/modules/3.7.1/build/include/linux) Make symlink of version.h:
- change directory to /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/
- patch the fglrx source:
- compile the fglrx modules:
# cd ..
Enjoy your AMD Catalyst-12.10 running on linux kernel 3.7.x.